March 28, 2016 at 4:00 amWelcome to the fourth week of the Guided Exploration. During this time our discussions will center around pain management and we’ll explore different facets of this concept. As your moderator, I can’t wait to read what you have to say about these topics!– SamiI want to hear about how you:
- Realized there was more going on than everyday aches and pains
- Learned the language of your condition
- Handled your diagnosis or lack thereof and how it impacted you
- Learned or are still learning what different kinds of pain mean
- Navigate using medication and deal with side effects
- Manage your condition while trying to live your life
ScheduleMonday: It’s been longer than I realized – the undertow & What do you call it?
Tuesday: I’ve been diagnosed, so why do I feel worse?
- When did you start to sense there was something more serious going on? How?
- How did you find the language to describe what was happening to your body?
Wednesday: Medication can be magic – but is it good or bad magic?
- Did diagnosis end your journey or start a new one?
Thursday: Monitoring my pain to manage it
- Medication and all that comes with it, good and bad
Friday: What else am I hearing?
- The nitty-gritty of pain management
- Once we start listening to our bodies – can we hear about more than our conditions?
Saturday: A pain in my head = a pain in my life
- How does being in pain “hurt” other parts of your life?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.